Skip to Content

Explore: Sonoma County

Accessibility Assistance
Sonoma County Seal
Departmentof Human Services - County of Sonoma Empower, Support, Protect  
Economic Assistance    

Economic Assistance

Esta página en español

Kim Seamans, Director
520 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, CA

The Economic Assistance Division provides assistance to obtain food, shelter, medical and dental care, and other supportive services for low-income families with children, those disabled or unemployed, and children in foster homes.

Temporary Relocation of County’s Economic Assistance Lobby Starts March 30, 2015

To improve the in-person client experience and increase online access to County services, the Sonoma County Human Services Department Economic Assistance Division lobby at 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, will be closed for renovation starting March 30, 2015. The lobby is due to reopen June 26, 2015.


Benefits CalWIN
Apply on-line

Check out Benefits CalWIN(BCW)! BCW will allow you to apply for Medi-Cal and/or CalFresh (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) online and from the privacy of your own home. BCW is available 24/7, so you can apply when you want to!

Medi-Cal and CMSP (County Medical Services Program)
2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, CA (to apply in person)
520 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA (for forms and general information)
1 (877) 699-6868

Pays for eligible medical, dental and emergency services and medicines for low-income families, individuals and children. Certain applicants may qualify for free Medi-Cal benefits under special programs. Apply for services at 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa or call 1 (877) 699-6868 to begin the application process over the telephone.

Renew your Medi-Cal Benefits:
To download the Medi-Cal renewal form (PDF: 255 kB) to renew your benefits. Please print and mail the forms to: Sonoma County Human Services Department, PO BOX 1539, Santa Rosa, Ca 95402

CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps)
2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, CA

Supplements an eligible household's food budget. Acts as a safety net for low income households including those who work for low wages, work part-time, are unemployed, elderly or disabled. Apply for services at 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa or call (707) 565-2715 or (800) 331-2278.

For more information on qualifying and applying for CalFresh, or for helpful links for current CalFresh clients (such as how to replace a lost or stolen EBT card), visit:

General Assistance
2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, CA

Provides assistance with shelter, food and employment services for individuals who are disabled or unemployed and not supported financially by friends, family or any private or public assistance program. Apply for services at 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa.

Some of these documents are saved in Adobe Acrobat format and you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Visit our page to download Acrobat Reader.