Welcome to the Office of Vital Statistics!
The Office of Vital Statistics provides the following services:
- Registers Sonoma County births and deaths
- Provides birth certificates for the current year and previous year only
- Provides death certificates for the current year and previous year only
- Provides medical marijuana identification cards
- Issues permits for disposition of human remains
- Provides data for reporting of communicable diseases (Confidential Morbidity Reporting) to the State of California
- Processes applications for California Medical Marijuana ID Card (MMIC) Program
Birth and death certificates for all years, including current years, are available from the
Sonoma County Clerk's Office: (707) 565-2645.
Sonoma County Clerk's Office
California Office of Vital Records
California Directory of County Health Officers, Registrars and Recorders
California Secretary of State
California Department of Public Health Medical Marijuana Program