Veterans Memorial Buildings
Requirements when serving alcohol at the event. >>Read More
Services offered to renters:
- Professional staff ready to assist you in making your event a success!
- Multiple rooms in each building that can be used for a wide variety of events.
- Ample, convenient parking at each location.
- Restaurant-quality kitchens perfect for the first-class caterers in the area.
- A wide selection of equipment is available; TV, VCR, theater lighting, projection screens, portable risers, retractable seating systems, cordless microphones, and more.
- Facilities meet A.D.A. requirements; some include sound systems for the hearing impaired.
- Non-profit organizations may qualify for reduced rental rates.
- Recycling containers for aluminum, plastic and glass at each building.
See Special Events Recycling (PDF: 77.8 kB)
or visit www.recyclenow.org
What equipment is available and what it costs?. >>Read more
Facility Rental Rates
Facilities are rented on an hourly basis. The hourly rates charged include the actual time the room is rented for your activity, plus the time necessary for your group to set up, decorate, break down and clean the room.
For specific rental rates, click on hall location below:
Holiday rates are an additional 50% of the base rent. Holiday rates apply to Christmas Day, News Year's Day, Lincoln's Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King's Birthday, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving Day.
Additional fees that may be charged. A $25 Processing Fee will be included on all reservations. Processing Fee payment must accompany application for it to be processed. Processing Fee will be refunded only if facility is not available. >>Read more
Insurance Requirements - Information on special event insurance requirements.
The County requires that facility users obtain special event insurance for their activities at the Veterans Memorial Auditoriums. Insurance requirements (PDF: 112 kB) to share with your insurer.
Each licensee shall take out at licensee's own expense, and keep in force during the period covered by the License Agreement, Broad Form Comprehensive General Liability insurance, naming the County of Sonoma as additional insured. The limit of coverage required is $1,000,000 each occurrence. If alcohol will be sold at the event, $1,000,000 each occurrence Liquor Legal Liability is required. A copy of the certificate of insurance and Policy Endorsement must be delivered to the booking office 30 days prior to event.
The County of Sonoma has an alternative insurance program available. For further information, call the booking office at (707) 938-4105 between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
Parking Rates for Commercial Use of Building
Rate for Use of Parking Lot for an Event in the Lot
||$400 flat rate
||Sonoma Veterans Buildings
||up to 25% of parking lot used
|Rates for Parking in Lot for Off-Premise Event
||Per vehicle rate for 12+ uses per fiscal year
|Flat rate for 11 or less uses per fiscal year
||$1 per vehicle/day
Publicizing Your Events
Information sheet (PDF: 114 kB)
on inexpensive ways to get the word out about your public event in the Veterans Hall.
(What you need to have 30 days or more before the event)
- Certificate of Insurance & Policy Endorsement (Or buy alternative insurance through the County.)
- Signed Confirmation/License Agreement (contract)
- Final payment
- Set-up diagram for room(s) & decorating plan & security plan to facility staff.
- Copy of Security Contract (if applicable) and copy of their PPO license & proof of insurance if they're not on file with us.
- Copy of ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) Authorization (if applicable.)
- Copy of Caterer's business license, alcohol catering license & proof of insurance.
- Copy of Business License (from City - if applicable)
- Copy of Fire Dept permit (only Santa Rosa auditorium events open to public.)
When events require private security guards.
- The County of Sonoma works closely with local law enforcement agencies regarding activities taking place within its cities.
- The goal of the Department is to provide a safe environment for your event at our facility.
- Based on the size and type of your event, and whether or not alcohol is being served, private security may be required. Arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the facility user.
- Security arrangements must be confirmed in advance of your event.
- Private security may be obtained from any security agency licensed by the State of California.
- Organizers of activities that require security must meet with Building staff and the security firm selected prior to their event to prepare a security plan.
- Contract for Security is required at least 30 days prior to event
Veterans Memorial Building Advisory Committee
Next meeting scheduled for February 4, 2014
Veterans Memorial/Community Center Buildings Report
Rosa | Petaluma | Sonoma | Cotati | Guerneville |Cloverdale | Sebastopol
Some documents on this web page are saved in Portable Document Format (PDF). We recommend you get Adobe® Reader®, a free software that lets you view and print PDF files.